City Watch House

The City Watch House was the place where felons were brought to face justice whether arrested in the streets of Melbourne for minor misdemeanours or being brought before the court for significant crimes. The Watch House was built in 1909 and operated until 1994 and its original interior is complete in every respect.

Self-guided access to the Watch House will run on timed entry on the hour. Please note visiting the Watch House at the specified time is the only way to see this building.